Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Setting Up

Well, I've just started this doohickey up, argued with the software for a bit, and made my first post. Hooray? Anywho. Things are looking pretty good for this coming summer- I'm living at home with the parents (which is free), and returning to my job from last summer on a manual labor crew as a team leader (which means a raise). Overall, finances should be fantastically set for me to enjoy a good fall in NYC, and hopefully, a solid spring in Ecuador.

Also, a few old friends will be in town over the summer, and the crew I'll be working with should be pretty young and outgoing, so fingers crossed for socializing aplenty. I'm also looking at going back to an internship I held last year with the Yellowstone Parks Foundation, but I'm unsure if I should spend my time volunteering/interning somewhere else. The YPF was okay, but I feel like I should try to get a little more involved with something related to publishing or teaching (good luck in MT, right?).

I'm also thinking that I might shop some of my work around to some short fiction contests. It's $10-20 entry fee, which is sort of a scam, but the prizes range from $400-$4000, plus publication. I figured that I might spend $10-20 a week on scratch-off lotto tickets after the interesting and potentially lucrative ventures I went through over spring break in CO, but maybe I'll just invest that money in a more professionally viable lotto. I figure my chances are about the same, so no harm, no foul there.

Anywho, This is running a bit long, but stay tuned and stay in touch wonderful readers. I'll see you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment